[LLVMdev] Linking Bitcode Files on MacOS X

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 29 08:54:12 PDT 2008

Dear All,

I'm trying to create whole bitcode files for applications on Mac OS X
(i.e., compiling everything to LLVM bitcode and then linking it together
into one large bitcode file).  I'm currently doing this by modifying
Makefiles to compile programs with llvm-gcc/g++ and then linking with
llvm-ld.

Is there a simpler way to do this?  I've heard that the native linker on
Mac OS X now supports LLVM bitcode files.  Is this true, and if so, can
it be used to make this process easier?

Thanks in advance.

-- John T.