[LLVMdev] is the SmallVector implementation standard c++?

Rafael Espindola espindola at google.com
Thu Aug 28 06:42:31 PDT 2008

While debugging a bootstrap problem, I noticed that SmallVector stores
one element in SmallVectorImpl and N - 1 in SmallVector. It also
assumes that all elements are continuous in memory. Does C++ makes any
guaranties about the relative memory position of a base and parent
classes?

I haven't studied it a lot, maybe we can keep N elements in
SmallVector and pass the pointer to SmallVectorImpl constructor?

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047