[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Aug 1 01:41:41 PDT 2008

Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> No cross-compilation.
>
> C99 compiler check missing: You can check the compiler support for a
> flag with just one line.
>
> pkg-config support broken. My understanding is that it is fixed.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. So I conclude that most of the complaints
raised on Remi's page are still valid.

> As already mentioned several times, I don't pretend throwing out the
> current build.

No, but you offered this as an option, and Chris said that the LLVM
developers only want to support one build system and would be happy to
get rid of autoconf et al, which is perfectly understandable. What I
said is that cmake also has its shortcomings which need to be taken into
consideration before taking such a step, that's all.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag