[LLVMdev] Status of use-diet so far (NO API CHANGES)

Dan Gohman gohman at apple.com
Fri Apr 25 11:52:22 PDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Gabor Greif wrote:

> As you can see, the use-diet changes actually lower the build time
> of kimwitu++! (this is as of yesterday's r50182).
> Parity is not only reached, but surpassed.

Thanks for these numbers. Do you know how much of this increase is due
co-allocating Use arrays with their users, and how much is due to the
actual shrinking of the size of Use?

Using less memory is great, though the approach used by use-diet to
eliminate the User field makes the code significantly more complicated,
so I'm looking forward to some nice comforting data on what the
savings is :-).

Thanks,

Dan