[LLVMdev] getting closer!

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Apr 21 17:50:10 PDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Terence Parr wrote:
> define void @main() {
>     call void @llvm_gc_initialize(i32 1024)
>     call void @foo()
>     call void @llvm_gc_collect()
>     ret void
> }

> I get llvm_gc_root_chain as null when I try to walk roots.

duh...if my collect is AFTER the method terminates, there is no root.
I now have a ROOT when I walk!  Woohoo!  I haven't done C/C++ in 13
years...woof...finally rediscovered nm to tell me about extern
symbols...that chain root is essentially binding to the ptr in my GC.c
file. :)  I get some output from my collector now:

process_root[0x0xbfffed08] = 0x0x800000

Now to figure out what to do with these suckers ;) and make it
actually collect!

[wiping sweat from brow]

Ter