[LLVMdev] LLVM for crosscompiling?

Sunjae Park sunjae.park at gatech.edu
Mon Apr 14 10:02:52 PDT 2008

> If you want to use llvm-gcc as a cross compiler, you must configure it as
> a cross compiler, and compile the output with the appropriate cross
> toolchain.  LLVM does not implicitly make your code portable, see:
> http://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/LangImpl8.html#targetindep
>
> for example.
>
> -Chris

Hm.. so the C backend works differently if I configure LLVM to be a cross
compiler? I am using a cross-compile toolchain as a backend (feeding it the "llc
-march c" output), so I'm a bit confused. I'm not looking for a target
independent IR, either...

Regarding building LLVM as a cross compiler, I assume it should be pretty much
identical to building gcc as a cross compiler? (sans adding the LLVM_OBJ
directory when configuring).
--
Sunjae Park
MS. Georgia Tech College of Computing