[LLVMdev] Setting up new project

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:07:22 PDT 2008

Lane Schwartz wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Criswell, John T <criswell at ad.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Try using the --with-llvmsrc and --with-llvmobj options to explicitly set the locations of your LLVM source tree and object tree, respectively.  I faintly recall seeing this error and seem to recall using these options to work around it.
>>

> OK. Here are the complete steps required to successfully build the
> sample project:
>
> $ cd llvm/projects
> $ cp -r sample/ myproject
> $ cd myproject
>
> $ cd autoconf
>
> Make the following edit to AutoRegen.sh:
>
> 16,17c16,17
> <   llvm_src_root=../../..
> <   llvm_obj_root=../../..
> ---
>
>>   llvm_src_root=../..
>>   llvm_obj_root=../..
>>

> $ ./AutoRegen.sh
> Regenerating aclocal.m4 with aclocal
> Regenerating configure with autoconf 2.5x

Hmm, if you don't regenerate configure, it works without giving it
--with-llvmsrc.
The problems seems to be that when running AutoRegen.sh, the current
directory is projects/sample/autoconf, but when you run the created
configure, the directory is
projects/sample. Was AutoRegen.sh once in project/sample, and later got
moved to autoconf/ ?

Best regards,
--Edwin