[LLVMdev] PATCH: Use size reduction -- wave1 (algorithms)

heisenbug ggreif at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:06:39 PDT 2008

On Apr 8, 3:55 pm, heisenbug <ggr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> As promised here comes the algorithmic part of the
> project.
>
> I have documented the way how the User object can be
> recovered from an array of Use objects.

Thinking about it, it is probably a poor decision to
put the tag bits into the Value*. This incurs unnecessary
overhead as the Use::Val member is accessed frequently.

My final proposal will say that the Prev member will be used
to carry the tag bits necessary for recovering the User*.
This member is far less frequently accessed and syntactically
better isolated.

Cheers,

    Gabor