[LLVMdev] LLVM for crosscompiling?

Sunjae Park sunjae.park at gatech.edu
Sat Apr 5 15:31:23 PDT 2008

Hi, I am trying to use LLVM on x86 with some code intended for another
architecture (IBM Cell). The plan is:

1. foreach $c_files
       llvm-gcc -emit-llvm -c -o $bc_file $c_file
2. link $bc_files
3. run my passes with 'opt'
4. llc -march=c
5. cell_cc

The original code is for the Cell, and uses altivec intrinsics. However,
llvm-gcc complains about not recognizing them. I read that there is
an -maltivec flag for the LLVM PowerPC backend, but my version of llvm-gcc
complains about this "unrecognized command line option." Any hints?

Thanks.
(Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list)
--
Sunjae Park
MS. Georgia Tech College of Computing

We choose to go to the moon and do the other things, not because they are
easy, but because they are hard.
 - John F. Kennedy