[LLVMdev] problem with using DSA for a side-effect analysis

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 4 10:41:24 PDT 2008

> Thanks!
> I already had most of the code for it already written, staring at the
> DSAaa helped me to fix a couple of problems. It seems to be working
> perfectly now...
> Btw, apart from the difference I already mentioned, DSAaa modref is
> also not so good fit for me because it is not field-sensitive...

This is actually relatively easy to fix, at least for the nodes that
are type-homogeneous.  You just need to change the R/W flags to be one
flag per field instead of one flag per node, and make the
corresponding changes to compute them (on loads and stores), and
propagate them (on node merges).

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.org/