[LLVMdev] problem with using DSA for a side-effect analysis

Zvonimir Rakamaric zrakamar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:29:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am using DSA in the project I am working on. Currently, I am working
on automatic inference of function frame conditions to be used in the
modular verification tool for C I am developing. Here is a part of my
algorithm I am not exactly sure how to do:

Let's say function foo calls function bar, and they have corresponding
DSGraphs DSG_foo and DSG_bar.
Function bar modifies some memory locations that correspond to a set
of DS nodes M from DSG_bar. I would like to map this set M onto the
corresponding nodes (if they exist) in the DSG_foo, i.e. I would like
to find out which nodes in the DSG_foo are potentially modified by a
call to bar.

Currently I am using DSGraph::computeNodeMapping to do the task, but I
am not sure if that's the way to go....

Thanks!