[LLVMdev] Goog test-cases for a new register allocator

Roman Levenstein romixlev at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 01:06:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

As I mentioned some time ago on the mailing list, I'm working on the
implementation of the Sarkar's Extended Linear Scan algorithm for LLVM.

For testing and debugging of this algorithm, I need some good
test-cases that check different functionalities of the register
allocator, e.g.:
 - test-cases involving a lot of spilling
 - test-cases using pre-colored registers, e.g. like the EAX register
used by the division instruction on X86
 - test-cases making use of different (partially aliasing)
register-classes at the same-time
 - test-cases where the caller-save vs callee-save choices of registers
play a big role.

I think these requirements are not specific for my allocator only, but
are important for checking any register allocator. May be someone
(Fernando? David? Evan?) who was working on register allocators has
found a good set of examples covering some of the topics? Or may be
someone knows good examples due to the fact that current register
allocators perform too bad on it? ;-)

Any help and ideas are appreciated!

Thanks,
- Roman

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go