[LLVMdev] Passes document

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 00:23:36 PDT 2008

Reading the Passes.html document, I have many questions that are
unanswered by the doc. For each pass listed, I would like to know:

1) What other passes need to be run before this one in order for this
one to work?
2) What other passes should not be run before this one, but should
instead be run after? (In other words, what is the recommended order of
the passes.)
3) What is the C++ name of the pass? Sometimes the name in the doc
doesn't always match the name in the code.

On a related question: Is this the correct list to be posting these
kinds of questions? Specifically, I see that most of the traffic on this
list is about *developing* LLVM, whereas my interest is primarily in
*using* LLVM.

-- Talin