[LLVMdev] Lowering operations to 8-bit!

Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com
Thu Sep 27 16:35:28 PDT 2007

I'm working on version 2.0
The assertion at line 2380 of LegalizeDAG.cpp fails when it is trying to
lower the add with i16.

assertion reads:
assert(MVT::isVector(Node->getValueType(0)) &&
  "Cannot expand this binary operation!");

I am trying to compile a very simple program as follows:

short var;
void foo(void)
{
	Var++;
}

The input bytecode, (in addition to the debug stuff) contains:

	%tmp  = load i16* @var        ;<i16> [#uses=1]
	%tmp1 = add  i16  %tmp, 1     ;<i16> [#uses=1]
	store  i16 %tmp1, i16* @var
	br  label %return
return:         ;preds = %entry

Is the above giving any clue, or you need more info?

Thanks
A.