[LLVMdev] Cygwin support completely dropped?

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Sep 25 21:16:57 PDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 6:54 PM, nkavv at physics.auth.gr wrote:

>>> I believe Aaron Gray has had success building llvm on Cygwin:
>>> http://www.aarongray.org/LLVM/BuildingLLVMonCygwin.html
>>>
>>> However, those instructions may be a bit out of date...
>>>

> Tanya:
> OK. And how about the clang frontend. Is it usable without having
> dependencies
> with the rest of the infrastructure?

clang is dependent on llvm. I would address any specific clang
questions to the clang mailing list (cfe-dev). Info is here:
http://clang.llvm.org/

> Which are your typical Linux platforms for LLVM and llvm-gcc
> frontend and clang?

I do all our release testing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. We also
have Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu systems that run nightly testers. I'm
sure there are other developers out there with some other flavor of
Linux.

> Is it possible to use Bruno's MIPS backend on LLVM 2.0?

I would imagine that you would not be able too, but perhaps someone
more familiar with all the backend changes could comment.

Btw.. Anton checked in a couple of patches today for mingW. You could
try checking out svn and seeing if they help you get further on Cygwin.

Thanks,
Tanya