[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 Pre-release Version 2 Online

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Sat Sep 22 11:04:44 PDT 2007

LLVMers,

The LLVM 2.1 pre-release version2 is now available:
http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.1/version2/

You can help test this pre-release by doing one of the following:
1) Download llvm-2.1, llvm-test-2.1, and the appropriate llvm-gcc4.0
binary. Run "make check" and the full llvm-test suite (make
TEST=nightly report).
2) Download llvm-2.1, llvm-test-2.1, and the llvm-gcc4.0 source.
Compile everything. Run "make check" and the full llvm-test suite
(make TEST=nightly report).

Send your results to llvm-dev with the dejagnu test results in the
body of the email and attach the llvm-test report
(report.nightly.txt). When submitting your results, please specify
the platform, Release or Debug build (default is Release) and if you
built llvm with srcdir = objdir.

At this point, only major bug fixes will be included in the final
release. I ask that all LLVM developers not commit anything to the
release branch, but send it to me (or the list) so that I can get
approval to merge it in. If we end up merging in more patches, we may
have another 3 round of testing which would push the release out a
few days.

Chris sent out the draft of the release notes. It still needs work,
so please fill in the section that you can and commit it to mainline.
I will merge the final version into the release branch.

Thanks for all your help!

- Tanya