[LLVMdev] Building with Microsoft Visual Studio

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Thu Sep 20 13:53:14 PDT 2007

Richard Smith wrote:

> I am working on a port of LLVM targeting a proprietary VM. Thus far
> development has been under Linux and Cygwin. Cygwin licensing would appear
> to require that LLVM built under Cygwin would have to be released under the
> GPL, so alternatives are being investigated.
>
> Using MS Visual Studio and following the instructions at
> http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html (Getting Started with the LLVM
> System using Microsoft Visual Studio Overview) has not been successful.

Have you tried MinGW? Coming from a *nix background, I find MinGW far
easier to use than the microsoft tools.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"A Microsoft employee talking about open source is a lot like a
virgin talking about sex. They know it's out there and seems to
be popular but until they try it for themselves they will never
properly understand the attraction."
-- Geoff Lane on Linux Today