[LLVMdev] RFC: Tail call optimization X86

Arnold Schwaighofer arnold.schwaighofer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:50:00 PDT 2007

> Ok, I don't expect everything would just work. But please run at least
> SingleSource and MultiSource and let us know what breaks. Once it's
> proven to pass a good chunk of the tests it can be checked in but
> turned off. This will allow us to test it as llcbeta.

I just ran the test suite in llvm-test with a vanilla copy of the svn
tree on darwin-x86.
To perform the tests i downloaded the test-suite as instructed on the web.
cd'ed into llvm-test. configured (--withllvmfoo etc) and make'd ;).
What worries me is that 148 tests are failing. to determine this
number i redirected the output (stdout+stderr) to a file and grep FAIL
| wc -l on it.
Is the number of 148 failing tests sane or could this indicate there
is something bogus with my setup?
When i do a make in the llvm-test directory all tests are executed right?

regards arnold