[LLVMdev] OT: new here, dynamic/runtime compilation (in general)

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Oct 21 17:44:12 PDT 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 5:27 PM, BGB wrote:

> well, sadly, I am not sure how people are on this list...

I'd suggest browsing through the llvmdev mailing list archive.

> now, what I do with it is this:
> I use C as a scripting language...

Sounds like a fun project.  Note that the clang C front-end also
supports use in a JIT environment: this will allow you to JIT the
full generality of C code (when clang is complete).  Today while
clang is not complete, it is far enough along to be very useful for a
wide variety of numeric environments, as its scalar, vector, and
array support are quite advanced.

-Chris