[LLVMdev] movaps being generated despite alignment 1 being specified

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Thu Oct 18 20:01:08 PDT 2007

On Oct 18, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Chuck Rose III wrote:
> High order bit:
>
> Presence of a called function is causing a store on an unrelated
> vector to generate an aligned store rather an unaligned one despite
> unaligned store being indicated in the associated StoreInst.
This probably means the compiler believes the stack pointer is 16-
byte aligned in non-leaf functions.
This would be correct if (a) the SP was aligned coming in and (b) the
size of the stack decrement
(including return address, etc.) is a multiple of 16.  I haven't been
following the Linux problems
closely, but I think "the stack issue being worked on" is that (a) is
not always correct?