[LLVMdev] llvm newbie

Sanjiv Gupta llvmdev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:36:19 PDT 2007

Today was the first day when I heard and read about llvm, and I would say I
am pretty excited to learn about it. The design looks simply amazing and the
codebase seems to be easy to follow. Way to go guys!!!

I immediately downloaded and built the llvm-gcc front-end and the llvm tools
and libs.
Also, I could successfully use the llvm-gcc, llvm-dis and llc tools to see
things in action.

The only problem was given by the driver llvmc.
It gives me following error:

$ llvmc -O2 a.c -o a.o
<premain>: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug' defined more than once!
llvmc: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug' defined more than once!
../install/etc/llvm/c:55: Error: Expecting output type value
..install/etc/llvm/c had 1 errors. Terminating.

Any ideas as why did I get this error?

Thanks,
Sanjiv