[LLVMdev] LLVM-gcc for a new architecture

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Oct 15 01:31:30 PDT 2007

Boris,

>   How do I configure llvm-gcc (version 4.0.1) without having a gcc
> back-end, but a LLVM back-end for my new architecture?
This can be pretty tricky, because various target-related things are
used in the frontend (consider e.g. ABI issues, alignment, etc). But in
general you have just provide --target=<target triple> option to
configure. I think it will fail, if target is more or less unknown for
gcc.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.