[LLVMdev] Can't bootstrap llvm-gcc-4.0 for x84_64

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Wed Oct 10 16:50:02 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 4:28 PM, David Greene wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 October 2007 17:12, David Greene wrote:
>
>> This particular problem is gone (thanks!) but I'm having other
>> troubles.
>> I'm tracking those down now.
>
> This is the current problem:
>
> The warning about 64-bit code on a 32-bit target is worrisome.  Is
> that
> supposed to happen?

Since you're passing -m32 which asks for 32-bit code, no, it's not.

If you cut and paste that command line with -save-temps -v , you'll
see the
arguments being passed to cc1 (the actual compiler).  If you debug that
and stop at the crash site, you can dump gcc "tree" objects with
"print debug_tree(p)".  With luck you can relate that back to the
source,
or I may be able to help.