[LLVMdev] Supporting pre-allocated registers in LLVM

nkavv at physics.auth.gr nkavv at physics.auth.gr
Tue Oct 9 01:40:31 PDT 2007

Quoting Bill Wendling <isanbard at gmail.com>:
> Hi Nikolaos,
>
> I have an alpha version of Chow & Hennesey's priority-based graph
> coloring algorithm. It's suffering from some bit-rotting -- e.g.,
> there's some trouble with how it calculates "forbidden" registers.
> You're welcome to the code, if you'd like to hack on it. I've been
> trying to refresh it in the past few days, but would love some help. :-)
>
> -bw

Hi Bill

i would like to have a look to your register allocator. Is it on LLVM SVN? Or is
it something standalone?

BTW, my time is limited right now (writing up my Ph.D. as well as a processor
soft core) but i will dedicate some time (after all i do this for polishing my
Machine-SUIF passes, and there is no help there). LLVM has a community, really
working on advancing the compiler.

Nikolaos Kavvadias