[LLVMdev] Supporting pre-allocated registers in LLVM

nkavv at physics.auth.gr nkavv at physics.auth.gr
Mon Oct 8 03:44:35 PDT 2007

> You are thinking about the gcc extension which allows the programer
> to tie a register to global variable? This feature isn't implemented
> nor am I aware of anyone driving to get it to implemented. Looks like
> you will have to roll up your sleeves if that's what you want. :-)
>
> Evan

Hi Evan

is this the -fixed-reg<num> feature, or something that has been introduced
lately (in gcc4)?

This feature would be useful, with minimal changes to the application source
code and could achieve the behavior i want for binding the global variable to
the register. I could live with this feature, and not something more complex,
i.e. associating temporaries to hard registers (pre-coloring) right after
instruction selection via a pass.

Nikolaos Kavvadias