[LLVMdev] struct as a function argument

Rafael Espindola espindola at google.com
Wed Oct 3 02:45:41 PDT 2007

On 29/09/2007, Zvonimir Rakamaric <zrakamar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I recently started using llvm in a project on inferring additional
> information about pointers based on their types, casts, etc. The
> following simple example is giving me a headache :):

Me too :-)

As Chris reported, I am working at adding support for a "byval"
attribute that will make this more explicit on llvm IL and make it
possible to correctly implement all of the X86-64 ABI.

I have most of the code gen for X86 and X86-64 working. The only
missing part is the passing of structures with small alignments. I
hope to implement that this Friday.

After that I have to change the other backends and then the front ends.

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google Ireland Ltd.