[LLVMdev] OCaml

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sat Nov 24 18:58:35 PST 2007

Hi!

I just took another look at the LLVM project and it has come along in leaps
and bounds since I last looked. I've been working through the (awesome!)
tutorial and am now really hyped about the project.

I am particularly interested in using LLVM to write compilers for OCaml-like
languages in OCaml-like languages. This requires some core functionality that
would be generically useful:

. Garbage collection tuned for functional programming
. Exceptions
. Some interface to LLVM from OCaml

What work has already been done on this and similar ideas? What is the easiest
way to interface a front-end written in OCaml with an LLVM backend?