[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 (or later) and Ubuntu Gutsy

Antony Blakey antony.blakey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 16:25:43 PST 2007

On 24/11/2007, at 10:21 AM, John van Schie wrote:

> My GCC (4.1.3, gutsy) also requires an argument for -V, but that does
> not seem to be a problem. The relevant piece of configure.log
>
> configure:2718: gcc -V >&5
> gcc: '-V' option must have argument
> configure:2721: $? = 1
> configure:2744: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:2771: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
> configure:2774: $? = 0
> configure:2820: result: a.out
> configure:2825: checking whether the C compiler works
> configure:2835: ./a.out
> configure:2838: $? = 0
> configure:2855: result: yes

Stupid me, I didn't check that g++ was installed - I thought gcc would
have covered it. Anyway, now it configures and is currently building.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

What can be done with fewer [assumptions] is done in vain with more
   -- William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)