[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 (or later) and Ubuntu Gutsy

Antony Blakey antony.blakey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:22:10 PST 2007

On 24/11/2007, at 9:33 AM, John van Schie wrote:

> Antony Blakey wrote:
>> On 24/11/2007, at 12:01 AM, Michael T. Richter wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody have a working version of LLVM 2.1+ (ideally in a .deb
>>> file) that they're willing to share?  I'm having some weird problems
>>> trying to get a working version on my 7.10 machine.
>>
>> Or even better, does anyone have a recipe for building on Gutsy?
>
> I've just build the 2.1 release on 7.10 (gutsy) without problems. What
> are the problems you encounter. Or tell me how I can build a .deb
> for you.

I installed gutsy desktop, and llvm svn head (which compiles for me on
MacIntel and Win32. The problem I encounter is with gcc. The llvm
config executes gcc -V, which on my installation fails because -V
requires an argument. This leads configure to think that the compiler
cannot produce executables.

I'm not au fait with the gcc version configuration stuff in Ubuntu,
which is where I suspect this is going wrong.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid
starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this
is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny.
   -- Bertrand Russell