[LLVMdev] C embedded extensions and LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Nov 21 18:17:39 PST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Christopher Lamb wrote:
> Any suggestions on type syntax in .ll files for address spaced pointers?
> I was thinking postfix of the type name, but I'm up in the air about what a
> good separator would be. Simply whitespace?
>
> i32$27*

I'd prefer to make it really obvious what is going on in the .ll file.
How about something like:

%x = load   i32 * addrspace(42)  %ptr

?

Putting the marker after the * it applies to should make the .ll file
easier to parse, but putting it *immediately* before the '*' is also fine
with me.  This would give:

%x = load   i32 addrspace(42)*   %ptr

I guess that looks a bit more natural.

-Chris