[LLVMdev] C embedded extensions and LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Nov 12 23:38:46 PST 2007

>> In an ideal world, we'll just need flags on load/
>> store nodes because the pointer registers will already be lowered to
>> some other regclass.
>
> I assume malloc's and memcpy's would need them as well?

Yeah, seems likely.  I think malloc gets lowered in SDISel to a call
though, so maybe it doesn't need it.  I'm not sure what "malloc from
alternate address space" really means though.  There can only be one
function named "malloc" :).  Maybe LangRef should explicitly ban the
malloc instruction from returning a pointer to an alternate address
space?

-Chris