[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 with VC++

Jaap Suter llvm at jaapsuter.com
Wed Nov 7 10:14:28 PST 2007

> Also, I'd like to suggest adding the following to config.h, to
> eliminate the spurious deprecation warnings:
>
> #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
> #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
> #define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS
>
> > And moving #include "llvm/Config/config.h" in all the files above any
> > other includes, so those will have the proper effect.

Can we guard those defines like so?

#if defined _MSC_VER && _MSC_VER >= 1300
    #if !defined _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
        #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
    #endif
    #if !defined _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
        #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
    #endif
    #if !defined _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS
        #define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS
    #endif
#endif

That way I don't get a warning when I include an LLVM header in a file that
already happens to define these.

Thanks,

Jaap Suter