[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.1 with VC++

Hartmut Kaiser hartmut.kaiser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:14:26 PST 2007

Cory,

> I've come across a couple errors when building LLVM 2.1 in VC++ 2005.
>
> 1) CodeGen/RegisterCoalescer.cpp is not included in the project

I didn't update the build system for a week or so. I'll try to squeeze it in
asap.

> 2) System/Win32/DynamicLibrary.inc - ELM_Callback is declared
> with a PSTR ModuleName argument.  This causes a compile error
> - the callback typedef specifies PCSTR.

I never ran into this problem. How can I reproduce this?

> Also, I'd like to suggest adding the following to config.h,
> to eliminate the spurious deprecation warnings:
>
> #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
> #define _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
> #define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS

I thought to have added it to the project files. If there are place where
it's missing, please provide a patch.

> And moving #include "llvm/Config/config.h" in all the files
> above any other includes, so those will have the proper effect.

You lost me here, could you elaorate, please?

Regards Hartmut