[LLVMdev] Two labels around one instruction in Codegen

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Wed Nov 7 09:07:48 PST 2007

Hi Evan,

Evan Cheng wrote:

> One way to solve this right now is to use flag value. But that means
> ISD::LABEL, ISD::{S|U}DIV, ISD::LOAD, ISD::STORE will be marked
> SDNPOutFlag and SDNPOptInFlag. But that's just yucky. Perhaps we need
> to add new variants of these nodes and leave the current opcodes as
> non-faulting. But I am not certain that's a very clean solution either.

I think having variants (1) or differentiating ISD::{S|U}DIV from other
binary instructions (2) is what we would like to avoid.

Following what we discussed with Duncan, what if we generate the labels
around a basic block? Is there a way then to ensure that the begin and
end labels will actually bracket the instructions in the block? I've
found that currently it's not the case, but perhaps it can trigger an
easier solution than (1) or (2).

Thanks,
Nicolas