[LLVMdev] Getting started using MinGW binary release?

sam lee skynare at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:37:38 PST 2007

Hi.

>From http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html ,
it seems I have to build LLVM from source.

But I found http://llvm.org/releases/2.1/llvm-2.1-x86-mingw32.tar.bz2 .
When I extract the file, I get many binaries (lli.exe, llc.exe...etc).
When I run lli.exe, I get:

    lli.exe - Unable To Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because pthreadGC.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Am I supposed to download the source and build it as GettingStarted.html says?
Or, is there a way to somehow use llvm-x.x-x86-mingw32.tar.bz2
binaries without building from source?

--
Thank you.
Sam.