[LLVMdev] Advice on a VStudio specific patch

Chuck Rose III cfr at adobe.com
Thu May 31 13:54:17 PDT 2007

Hola LLVMers,

Our project is cross platform and on Windows we use VStudio 2005.
VStudio presents a couple of issues related around it's STL
implementation and also it's non-respect for the no-return semantic of
abort().

I've fixed it locally, but I'd like to send a patch so I don't have to
do this every time I update from the source repository.  So.... if I'm
fixing something for a specific compiler, do you think I should just do
so for all compilers or should I put the differences in a #ifdef check
for VStudio?

Thanks,

Chuck.