[LLVMdev] Antw.: 2.0 Pre-release tarballs online

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Fri May 18 09:40:21 PDT 2007

Hi Bram,

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 18:12 +0200, Bram Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Op 18-mei-07, om 10:10 heeft Tanya M. Lattner het volgende geschreven:
>
> >> On Slackware 10.2 (GCC 3.3.6), I got an error during a debug build
> >> with the header files using uintptr_t (not recognised as a type).
> >> Putting "#include <stdint.h>" in include/llvm/BasicBlock.h (llvm)
> >> and in "include/llvm/ValueSymbolTable.h" (frontend) resolved this.
> >
> > Ok. This is now fixed on the release branch. Thanks!
>
> The strange thing is that the configure process defines:
>
> #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
>
> However, without literally including stdint.h (which should be
> avoided as Reid mentioned) the compilation of AsmWriter.cpp goes
> wrong,

What goes wrong?

> although stdint.h, llvm/Support/DataTypes.h and inttypes.h are
> all mentioned in AsmWriter.d:

.. snip ..

> Should -DHAVE_STDINT_H be passed to the above command?

No, it is defined in include/llvm/Config/config.h which is an autoconf
generated file and included in all LLVM compilations.

> >> Also, I got linking errors while linking tblgen (see error.txt).
> >> Any ideas about this?
> >
> > I'm not really sure whats going on here and I can't reproduce this
> > since I don't have your setup. Its probably either an issue with
> > gcc or ld (try upgrading to 2.17.X if possible). If you can try to
> > investigate it further, that would be great. Then file a bug for it.
>
> Problem solved: compiling the 2.0 frontend from source had resulted
> in gcc, g++, ... instead of llvm-gcc, llvm-g++, ... After manually
> renaming them, compilation of LLVM was a breeze and the tests did not
> yield any unexpected failures (see attachment).

Glad you figured that out. The build guidelines for llvm-gcc are in
README.LLVM at the top level of the llvm-gcc source tree. It recommends
making links. Some of us, however, also use the --program-prefix=llvm-
option when configuring llvm-gcc which causes all programs to have an
llvm- prefix.