[LLVMdev] 2.0-prerelease build errors

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu May 17 19:30:50 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 12:19 +1000, Emil Mikulic wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:15:09PM -0700, Tanya M. Lattner wrote:
> > > Should configure also error out if perl isn't installed?
> >
> > Yes. Reid has changed this so that perl is now required.
> >
> > Thanks so much for reporting these!
>
> You're welcome!
>
> I'm still working on the "method four" testing that you requested.
>
> The "make check" is done, results are here:
> http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~emil/llvm-2.0-make-check.txt

Looks perfect to me.

> # of expected passes		1988
> # of expected failures		3
>
> -=-
>
> I'm currently stuck on the nightly report, at this point:
> /usr/home/emil/llvm-test/RunSafely.sh 500 0 /dev/null Output/tramp3d-v4.out-nat Output/tramp3d-v4.native --cartvis 1.0 0.0 --rhomin 1e-8 -n 25
>
> Ctrl-T tells me that tramp3d-v4.native has by now consumed 50,000
> seconds of CPU time.  Somehow I don't think it's going to stop anytime
> soon -- what can I do to break out of this cleanly and get the whole
> report built?

The "500" on that command line is supposed to stop it after 500 seconds
of CPU time. 50,000 is WAY too much. You should just kill the
"tramp3d-v4.native" process and it will carry on from there.

BTW, Obviously RunSafely.sh is not working well on freebsd. Could you do
me a favor?

I could fix this if I had:
1. the output of "uname -s" on your system
2. A description of the ulimit (man page?) command for your
shell/system. Specifically,
   is the -t option supported to limit cpu time and what are the units?

> -=-
>
> Other than that, llvm and llvm-gcc seem to build and work quite nicely
> on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.  I'm hoping to eventually get a FreeBSD port for
> llvm-gcc added, after LLVM 2.0 is officially released.

Very nice, that would be much appreciated and would make some of our
FreeBSD users happy :)

Best Regards,

Reid.