[LLVMdev] Problems with 'make check'

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue May 8 13:04:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 20:36 +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:

> >> Its on the path.
> >
> > Is it set in site.exp?
>
> Thats it, great.

Aaron,

Please note that the path is (purposefully) not used to locate test
executables. Many of us have many LLVM environments and using the path
leads to confusion.  What the makefile is looking for is the LLVMGCC
variable to be set. It wasn't so when substituted you get a null string
which leads to attempting to execute "-emit-llvm" (the first argument
after the null program name).  You can resolve this by using the
--with-llvmgccdir option when configuring llvm.

Reid.