[LLVMdev] 1 Week Before 2.0 Branch Creation

David Greene greened at obbligato.org
Sat May 5 13:09:08 PDT 2007

Aaron Gray wrote:

> It would be good to have a mailing list for test results where 'make check'
> results could be posted so that there is some reference and people could
> avoid repeating builds.

There's the llvm-testresults list, but I find it less than fully useful
because it's not immediately obvious from scanning message subjects if
there's been a test failure.  It's a lot of messages to wade through and
read to get this information.

What about a Tinderbox-like setup where we could consult a web page to
see the current status of the repository?  Boost has a nice setup:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/index_release.html

It's probably more complex than what we need.  Maybe we just need a
page grouping each test under it's suite and marking the result on
each architecture.  Something like this:

<begin crappy ASCII art>

|    LLVM   | Arch                | i686-pc-linux-gnu | darwin-  | osx..
|    Suite  | Test                | Witty note to brighten developer day
| CFrontend | 2002-05-24-Alloca.c | PASS              | FAIL     | XFAIL
| CBackend  | ...                 |                   |          |

</begin>

FAILs would of course be marked in something pleasant like flourescent
bright-magenta.

Just an idea.  Wow, I already wasted more of a Saturday on that than I
should have.  :-/

                                  -Dave