[LLVMdev] Instruction Scheduling in LLVM

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Wed May 2 10:49:51 PDT 2007

Some isel nodes produce MVT::Flag value because it has to scheduled
right before its use (one use per flag value). An example of this is
a compare and a conditional branch (only because we do not model
condition code as a register right now).

The scheduler is honoring the request by treating a chain of flagged
nodes as a single scheduling unit.

Evan