[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc4_2

Peter Wiedermann peter.wiedermann at gmx.at
Wed Mar 28 13:14:10 PDT 2007

hi

> > i fixed some major bugs in the llvm-gcc4_2 patch since my last post.
> > this brings me to an interesting question:
> >
> > what are your criteria to use my patch for further development?
>
> I have no fixed criteria.  I think the best solution is for the work to be
> checked into the (forthcoming) public SVN server.  When it is available,
> you can check it in there and we can all hack on it together.  Even if it
> has serious bugs or known deficiencies, I see no problem in that.

ok, thats fine to me.
i think the worst part of the work is done.

> > at the moment i use the llvm-test1.9 suite for testing, because the
> > actual llvm-test trunk in the repository seems to be broken.
> > in my configuration the official llvm-gcc4 does not run completely error
> > free against this suite (or is this my configuration fault?).
> > so i guess a 100% error free run against the testsuite will not be the
> > criteria.
>
> Hrm, that's strange.  llvm-test doesn't pass 100% (e.g. some of the EH
> stuff is now working yet), but it should ahve basic functionality.  What
> is broken?

major error causes:

the sse.* tests produce errors during dagselection (see log)

there is a problem when exception handling is used because
all the __cxa.* functions are not found (bei llc and when compiling c-backend code) (i guess thats what you were refering to)

and a few other failures i did not relate to this 2 groups

for more information:

here is a list of failures (53):
http://geldspeicher.entenhausen.at/dl/failure_list.txt

and here is the log of the above test run :
http://geldspeicher.entenhausen.at/dl/testlog.txt.gz (36K)
or
http://geldspeicher.entenhausen.at/dl/testlog.txt (556K)

(the test run is not complete, just what my computer could calc in
one hour to check the sanity of th test)

kind regards
peter