[LLVMdev] Google SOC - Idea

me22 me22.ca at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:39:13 PDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Scott Fortmann-Roe <scottfr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that LLVM had signed up as a mentoring organization for
> Google's summer of code. LLVM looks like an exciting project that
> overlaps some of my interests.
>
> I would be interested in developing an additional front end for a
> language it does not currently support (I'm open to what language). I
> do not know much about what this entails in regards to what LLVM
> requires from its front ends. But I have experience with the ANTLR
> parser generator that looks like it could be used to generate such a
> front end.
>
> Are you folks interested in this?
>
> If so, please let me know ASAP and I'll put together an application.
>
> -Scott

http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html#misc_new :
"Write a new frontend for some other language"

So I expect they'd be most interested.

You may wish to do it using HLVM.  I know Reid is going to restart
work on that in April or so and has expressed interest in having
people use it while he develops it, in order to be sure the feature
set is appropriate.

~ Scott McMurray