[LLVMdev] Forward reference in type declarations in LLVM 1.9

Schimmel, Mark mark.schimmel at windriver.com
Tue Mar 13 16:04:17 PDT 2007

%TCDef = type { [16 x ubyte], [16 x ubyte], [16 x ubyte], [16 x ubyte],
[64 x ubyte], ushort, %anonymous.5, %anonymous.5, %anonymous.5, uint,
uint, uint, ushort, uint, uint, uint, uint }
%anonymous.5 = type { ubyte, ubyte, ubyte, ubyte }

I have a parser that reads LL files but doesn't handle forward
references to structure types.  I've been using 1.9 for quite a while
and have just now bumped into this.  Are there any options available for
llvm-dis to emit complete types first?  Perhaps there's another approach
to get the optimizer and/or other tools to keep all the input types and
retain their declaration order?  I see there's an opton -deadtypeelim to
the optimizer.  I tried -nodeadtypeelim and -deadtypeelim=0 and
-deadtypeelim=false, but it doesn't appear to accept any of those.

Thanks for your help.