[LLVMdev] llvm-test cvs head not working

Anton Vayvod avayvod at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:06:32 PST 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to run llvm-test (current CVS head) with the following command:
$LLVMOBJDIR/projects/llvm-test$ make TEST=llc report

I run into the following error:

make[5]: Entering directory
`$LLVMOBJDIR/projects/llvm-test/SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/SSE'
make[5]: *** No rule to make target `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.rbc',
needed by `Output/sse.expandfft.linked.bc'.  Stop.

I tried to exclude the SSE, UnitTests and SingleSource directories from
makefiles one by one but make didn't find rule for some other directory each
time.
It seems that llvm-test is not very consistent now (or may be I do smth
wrong). I tried to compile 1.9 release but got LibDeps problem (was
mentioned earlier in this mailing-list:

> Re: using dsa
> From:
> John Criswell <criswell at cs.uiuc.edu>
> Date:
> Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:53:43 -0600
> To:
> "Ryan M. Lefever" <lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu>
>
> To:
> "Ryan M. Lefever" <lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu>
>

> Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
>>
>> I tried using the -r release_19 flag (as was originally
>> suggested), but that version of LLVM fails to compile.  I get the
>> following error:
> I did a clean checkout of the release_19 branch and got the same
> problem.  It seems that the following line in tools/llvm-config/Makefile
> is doing it:
>
> $(FinalLibDeps): find-cycles.pl $(LibDeps)
>   $(Echo) "Finding cyclic dependencies between LLVM libraries."
>   $(Verb) $(PERL) $< < $(LibDeps) > $@ || rm -f $@
>
> So, it's generating the FinalLibDeps.txt file, but because the perl
> script returns 1, it then deletes it.
>
> Reid (or someone else knowledgeable with llvm-config), is this correct
> behavior?  Is llvm-config exiting with status 1 because it found a
> cycle, or is this a bug?
>
> -- John T.
)

Tell me, please, how to get either llvm-test working or 1.9 release
compiling.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Anton.
--
To become old and wise you need to be young and stupid first