[LLVMdev] using dsa

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 6 16:12:51 PST 2007

Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> How do I acquire that version of DSA that you've updated to mainline
> cvs?  Do I still check out llvm-poolalloc, or is there a way to only
> check out DSA?

I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine that you'd checkout mainline
llvm-poolalloc and just build the lib/DSA directory.  If you're in a
hurry, you can try that.  Otherwise, you can wait for Patrick, who will
know for sure.

-- John T.
> Patrick Meredith wrote:
>
>> I updated dsa to mainline cvs.  Poolalloc is broken, however.
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2007, at 3:39 AM, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
>>

>>> What versions of llvm and llvm-poolalloc should I check out of cvs, in
>>> order to use DSA?  In a previous post John Criswell suggested checking
>>> llvm and llvm-poolalloc out of cvs using the -r release_19 flag.
>>> However, there were several post later that said that changes
>>> should not
>>> be made to the release_19 branch.
>>>
>>> At any rate, I've not seen any update on which versions of llvm and
>>> llvm-poolalloc compile with each other.  Could someone please let me
>>> know?  I tried using the -r release_19 flag (as was originally
>>> suggested), but that version of LLVM fails to compile.  I get the
>>> following error:
>>>
>>> make[1]: Entering directory
>>> `/home/lefever/work/llvm-release_19/tools/llvm-config'
>>> llvm[1]: Regenerating LibDeps.txt
>>> llvm[1]: Finding cyclic dependencies between LLVM libraries.
>>> find-cycles.pl: Circular dependency between *.a files:
>>> find-cycles.pl:   libLLVMCore.a libLLVMSupport.a
>>> llvm[1]: Building llvm-config script.
>>> cat:
>>> /home/lefever/work/llvm-release_19/tools/llvm-config/FinalLibDeps.txt:
>>> No such file or directory
>>> make[1]: *** [/home/lefever/work/llvm-release_19/Debug/bin/llvm-
>>> config]
>>> Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> `/home/lefever/work/llvm-release_19/tools/llvm-config'
>>> make: *** [all] Error 1
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ryan