[LLVMdev] Instruction::mayWriteToMemory() -- is there a logical equivalent for reads?

Sarah Thompson thompson at email.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 25 15:57:54 PDT 2007

The Instruction::mayWriteToMemory() member function is quite useful (I'm
currently writing code that will break up basic blocks at read/write
instructions). Is there a safe way to do the same thing for reads from
memory? It's easy enough to check for the relevant instructions, but I
thought this might be a nice-to-have in a future version because it
separates code like mine from needing to know too much about the
instructions it is manipulating (which is a good thing from a future
portability point of view, as well as being logically cleaner).

[s]