[LLVMdev] svn issues

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Wed Jul 25 09:06:17 PDT 2007

Hi David,

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:38 -0500, David A. Greene wrote:
> I'm getting a lot of errors from svn like this:
>
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response
> body: Secure connection truncated (https://llvm.org)

What is /svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default ?

I don't think we have a module named "svn", certainly not "!svn".  I
don't know why the svn tool would create such a URL.  Also, with https
you need a user id and it looks like one isn't being provided from the
URL shown.

> I've now been checking out llvm-gcc for two days.
>
> Is there a problem with the server?  I don't have this issue with other
> svn repositories.

Dozens of people have been using it successfully since early July. There
was a server restart last night but I don't see others complaining about
it and it hasn't affected my ability to use Subversion.  Have you read:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#checkout

?

Reid.