[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc-4.0 migration (IMPORTANT)

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sat Jul 21 01:42:22 PDT 2007

All,

The migration of the llvm-gcc-4.0 from the Apple mirror to llvm.org is
complete. You should refrain from making any more commits on Apple's
mirror. There is also no need to submit llvm-gcc patches to the
llvm-commits email list as you can now make commits to the repository
directly. If you don't have commit access, please make your patches
against the llvm.org repository. The new home for llvm-gcc-4.0 is:

http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm-gcc-4.0/trunk

The revisions involved are most of the commits from r40137 to r40369.
There were a few other commits happening in the same time frame.  Please
note that r40369 of the llvm.org repository corresponds to r373 of the
Apple mirror.  Also, I suggest that you don't look at r40137 in ViewVC
because it contains most of llvm-gcc (500MB) and attempting to download
it will take *forever* :)

If you have working copies from the Apple mirror, you cannot,
unfortunately, switch them to the new repository at llvm.org using the
svn switch command (different repositories). However, you can create a
patch from your old working copy, checkout a new working copy from
llvm.org, and apply the patch.

Using the new llvm-top facilities, you could accomplish this with
commands like these:

cd /path/to/old/llvm-gcc ; svn://anonsvn.opensource.apple.com/svn/llvm
svn update -r373 .
svn diff . > llvm-gcc.patch
cd /path/to/new/llvm/base/directory
svn co https://username@llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm-top top
cd top
./get VERBOSE=1 llvm-gcc-4.0
cd llvm-gcc-4.0
svn update -r40369 .
patch -p0 < /path/to/old/llvm-gcc/llvm-gcc.patch
svn update .

Notes:
  1. Make sure you update your working copy to revision 373 of the
mirror.
  2. In the "svn co" command, replace "username" with your user name.
  3. Make sure you apply your patch to revision 40369 of the llvm.org
     repository which corresponds to r373 in the mirror.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Reid.