[LLVMdev] Problem with forcing interpreter in LLI (LLVM JIT)

Joy W. Kamunyori jkamunyori at cs.virginia.edu
Fri Jul 20 09:16:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using the JIT in LLVM version 1.9. It works fine, but when I try to
use it with the interpreter enforced (using the -force-interpreter=true
option) it seems to have trouble with the standard input and output
streams (stdin, stdout, stderr). I get the following error when I try to
run any application that uses one of these:
"Could not resolve external global address: stdout" (or stderr/stdin, as
the case may be)

I'm wondering if you've heard of anyone else having such an issue, and
if you know how I might be able to fix it. I'm running LLVM on Fedora
Core 5, with gcc version 4.1.1.

Thanks,
Joy Kamunyori

--

Joy W. Kamunyori
Graduate Student - Computer Science Dept.
jkamunyori at cs.virginia.edu

"Life must be understood backwards; but... it must be lived forward."
Soren Kierkegaard